October Madness to November Hunting Bliss
I say evening time, because there just has not been one moment of slack time on weekends. With two kids in college right now, and one an athlete, we have spent a lot of time the past month or two making visits and going to cross-country meets. It's funny that just a few months ago, I was so worried that I was not going to have enough to do with both sons in college...I almost wish that were true now.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be transitioning to spending some time in the woods scouting and getting ready for Fall firearms deer season in Missouri. I enjoy the getting ready darn near as much as the hunting. I like getting gear checked out and ready, sighting in rifles, and getting out in thew woods and "scouting."
I put scouting in quotations because it's as much an excuse just to get out and enjoy the woods at the time of year I believe they are at their most beautiful. Sure, it's always nice to feel like you are also doing something productive, and we do try to put our information gathered to good use a couple of weeks later, but mostly it is just relaxing time out in the woods.
Some of my best memories with my sons are time spent in the woods during deer season. It's a truly great time of the year!
Comments
Post a Comment