Daily in the Outdoors

DSC_3166Image by flemming. d5000 via FlickrThis still image is the kind of scene that creates in me the need to experience the outdoors.  This is not a particularly deep message, but one I just currently feel like expressing.

You know, I think we often convince ourselves that our outdoor excursions need to be massive expeditions to realize the benefits of natures tranquilizing effects.  At least for me, and I thank God for this, nothing could be further from the truth.

A walk around the lake area where we live, for fifteen or twenty minutes, quickly deflates much of the day's silliness, and brings me back to a place where life seems more normal to me.  Often these walks are taken with my wife.  They seem to bring us closer together.

I love taking big trips - whether that means a weekend trip to the Current River or a month or longer trip to Montana.  But, you know what?  This weekend that won't be happening, and I will get all that I need from the nature that is on my doorstep.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Safe While Paddling Rivers and Streams: A Family Guide

A New Direction: Value Travel & Active Outdoor Freedom

Weekly Fishing Report Michigan Department of Natural Resources June 21, 2012