Missouri Weather: What a Difference 24 Hours Can Make!

The Forest Floor In East-Central Missouri on March 13th, 2011
Just 24 hours ago, my wife and I took a walk through the woods near our house.  It was a bit chilly, but nothing too bad.  Laura wore a coat and I wore a quilt lined flannel shirt.  Though the chill was there, the evidence of Spring was all around.

I had Spring break starting today, but Laura and our son were headed back to the regular schedule.  Laura had a tough and busy weekend without much rest.  The bright spot had been the trip home to visit from college by our oldest son.  Anyway, she went to bed on Sunday night tired and wishing she had another day of rest.  I went to bed wishing some miracle would occur so she'd get some of that rest.

The Forest Floor in a Cedar Grove above our House
March 14th, 2011
She woke me up this morning and said it had snowed a bunch and that the power had gone out for a few moments.  I got up and watched the television just on the off-chance that her school would be cancelled for snow.  My prayer was answered.  She is now laying on the couch by the fireplace reading a book after going back to bed until nine.

We had waffles, bacon, and eggs for breakfast...at least Laura and David...I am on a self-imposed war versus fatness.  I had bran flakes and a banana.

Here's to Missouri weather!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Safe While Paddling Rivers and Streams: A Family Guide

A New Direction: Value Travel & Active Outdoor Freedom

Weekly Fishing Report Michigan Department of Natural Resources June 21, 2012