Benefits of Outdoor Activities for Families and Children


Eleven Point River Near Greer Spring
P. Allen Mann III Copyright 2010
Family-Outdoors
There is little doubt that there is a marked change, in my mind for the worst, in the interconnectedness between people in modern society and nature.  My premise, and one that I will be exploring over time here, is that this change at least coincides with a marked decline in the health and general well-being of families.

I will not make an attempt to show that the slippage of our connection to nature is causative of these declines.  I truly do not believe that this could be done.  What I will attempt to do is show that there is truly a natural solution for families to this problem.  I will be making the case, and hopefully be engaging in discussion with readers that reconnecting with the outdoors, AS A FAMILY,  can have a meaningful impact in a number of ways.

I will indeed use anecdotal evidence for this argument, but will try and also support it with science.  As I begin, I hope you will follow and provide your valuable input.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Safe While Paddling Rivers and Streams: A Family Guide

A New Direction: Value Travel & Active Outdoor Freedom

Weekly Fishing Report Michigan Department of Natural Resources June 21, 2012