Springtime?

I always get antsy about this time of year and I swear I won't do it. I am 45 years old and I don't need to rush the seasons, but I can't help it. One too many times waking up in a sleeping bag and wondering how fast I can get a fire built, one too many times having to dunk my fly rod in the water to get the ice off, or maybe it's just the anticipation of something new. The Springtime is filled with new things, even if I've experienced many of them 45 times before.

That's where living in the moment comes to mind... Love the moment you are in when it's possible, but it's ok to be excited about what is around the corner. So I am excited and I won't feel guilty about it. Spring will be arriving to my part of the world for real in a few weeks and I do look forward to the cool mornings and evenings and the warmth of the afternoon.

That brings me to my final rambling of the day...
Missouri allows Spring turkey hunting only 'til noon. We travel to where we will hunt, hunt early in the morning, and then there is the luxury of sleeping the afternoon away in the warm sun. I hope they never let us hunt all day!

Comments

  1. It's funny that you're writing about spring. Our usual February thaw is in full swing today - temps around 35F. I'm always tricked by it - get to thinking about hanging up the skis and working in the garden. But our cold weather in northern NY can often hang on until late April.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Safe While Paddling Rivers and Streams: A Family Guide

A New Direction: Value Travel & Active Outdoor Freedom

Weekly Fishing Report Michigan Department of Natural Resources June 21, 2012