|(Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources' Southern Lake Michigan Management Unit in Fisheries Division will host a public meeting in the Kalamazoo area to discuss local fishing regulations. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 19, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Portage Library, located at 300 Library Lane.
Several local regulation proposals will be discussed at the meeting, including the following:
- Remove Corey Lake (St. Joseph County) from the Type B Trout Lakes list.
- Increase muskellunge minimum size limit from 42 to 46 inches on Gun Lake (Barry County) to protect this naturally reproducing population.
In addition, an overview of regulation changes for the 2013 fishing season will be presented, including the following:
- Northern pike size and bag limits.
- Muskellunge one fish per season harvest limit.
- Dip-netting season changes.
For more information, contact Jay Wesley at email@example.com or 269-685-6851, ext 117, or visit the DNR website at www.michigan.gov/fishing.
Individuals attending the meeting are requested to refrain from using heavily scented personal care products, in order to enhance accessibility for everyone. Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for this meeting should contact Jay Wesley a minimum of five business days before it occurs. Requests made less than five business days before this meeting may not be accommodated.