Kids Fishing Day at Genoa National Fish Hatchery another great success

Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Source: WO...
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Genoa National Fish Hatchery in Wisconsin celebrated the 9th year of its annual Kids Fishing Day on May 12. Set to the backdrop of blue skies and sunshine, 190 children and their families came out to enjoy a day of learning, fishing and fun. In the first part of the morning, families rotated between four learning stations that focused on fishing ethics and conservation, fish anatomy, fish behavior and habitats, and jig tying. Kids were then handed fishing poles and set loose on a hatchery pond stocked with 2,500 rainbow trout.

Comments

  1. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://family-outdoors.blogspot.in/2012/05/kids-fishing-day-at-genoa-national-fish.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Safe While Paddling Rivers and Streams: A Family Guide

Finding the Sweet Spot: How Early Accommodation Booking Unlocks Value Travel

A New Direction: Value Travel & Active Outdoor Freedom