Family-Style Turkey Hunting
Turkey hunting is an enjoyable activity no matter whether it's done as a family activity or if it's just you as a lone hunter. There are some aspects of the Spring turkey season, at least the way it's done in Missouri, that make it a great family activity.
As you probably know if you have hunted the Spring turkey season in Missouri, or if you are planning on it, the hunting hours are from legal light until 1:00 pm. This leaves a lot of afternoon time for leisure activity.
I have some very fond memories of Spring turkey hunts with my two kids. Hard hunting in the morning was followed by afternoons of lounging about camp. Usually, the afternoons are decent weather, and it's hard to beat an afternoon at the turkey campsite where you have nothing to do but read and doze off whenever the urge comes upon you.
Safety is the number one thing with turkey hunting as well as all other types of hunting. Because everyone's in cammo, it's especially necessary to be vigilant. If you are hunting with family, be really careful. I know some will say it doesn't matter who you are hunting with - be equally careful - okay, I agree and get it, but still...
As you probably know if you have hunted the Spring turkey season in Missouri, or if you are planning on it, the hunting hours are from legal light until 1:00 pm. This leaves a lot of afternoon time for leisure activity.
I have some very fond memories of Spring turkey hunts with my two kids. Hard hunting in the morning was followed by afternoons of lounging about camp. Usually, the afternoons are decent weather, and it's hard to beat an afternoon at the turkey campsite where you have nothing to do but read and doze off whenever the urge comes upon you.
Safety is the number one thing with turkey hunting as well as all other types of hunting. Because everyone's in cammo, it's especially necessary to be vigilant. If you are hunting with family, be really careful. I know some will say it doesn't matter who you are hunting with - be equally careful - okay, I agree and get it, but still...

Comments
Post a Comment