* events with asterisk have a school day on Friday. For more information, contact the events directly.
Clinton Bald Eagle Watch
This event is in its 32nd year. In coordination with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Pam Steinhaus, with contributions from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Clinton CCB, numerous conservation organizations and the Iowa DNR. Wonderful family entertainment
- Outdoor viewing: Lock & Dam 13,
- Live Bird and Nature Programs: Clinton Community College, 9:45-2
- Exhibits: Clinton Community College from 9 – 2
- Free bus service from college to the outdoor viewing area.
- For more information call 815-259-3628
Saturdays and Sundays, , Arsenal Island, Rock Island, Ill. Hours are 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Combination Eagle Watch and Historic Clock Tower Tours
- Reservations are recommended as group size is limited.
- For more information contact Visitor’s Center Staff at 309-794-5338
*Quad Cities Bald Eagle Days
QCCA Expo Center, 2621 Fourth Avenue, Rock Island, Ill. One of the largest bald eagle events in the nation with many exhibitors and wildlife artists and plenty of activities for the family. Hours: 4 – 8 p.m. Friday, - 7 p.m. Saturday, Sunday
- Live eagle and bird of prey programs by The World Bird Sanctuary
- Special attractions
- Wildlife art show and sale and environmental fair
- For more information contact the Mississippi River Visitor Center at 309-794-5338 or Arlynn Hartwig at 309-788-2543
*Dubuque Bald Eagle Watch
at the Grand River Center with environmental-themed exhibitors.
- Outdoor viewing south of Lock and Dam 11 at A.Y. McDonald Park from
- Live eagle and bird of prey programs by The World Bird Sanctuary at 9:30 a.m.,
- Indoor exhibits from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Grand River Center - Port of Dubuque
- Trolley rides from Grand River Center to outdoor viewing area
- For more information call 563-556-4372 or 563-582-0881
*Keokuk Bald Eagle Days
Midwest’s largest concentration of bald eagles. World class environmental exhibitors. Native drum and dance continue a legacy of honor for our national symbol.
- Indoor programs and environmental fair at the River City Mall, Keokuk
- Live eagle programs Saturday 9-3 and 10-3
- Outdoor viewing along the riverfront
- For more information call 1-800-383-1219
· Outdoor viewing from 9 - 3 at Pearl City Station and Lock & Dam 16
· Live eagle programs at Pearl City Station in Riverside Park at the
· Environmental exhibits inside the Pearl City Station
· For more information call the Muscatine Ranger office at 563-263-7913
Coralville Bald Eagle Watch
Saturday, Feb. 6
Indoor Expo: Join the Iowa City Bird Club with Karen Disbrow, at North Central Junior High.
- Outdoor viewing at Tailwater West Picnic Shelter downstream from the dam at Coralville Lake
- Indoor programs 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at North Central Junior High, 180 Forevergreen Road, North Liberty
- For more information call 319-338-3543 ext. 6308 or 319-430-0315
Des Moines Bald Eagle Days
Friday and - 13
Friday, : Iowa DNR will be hosting a lunch with eagles at Grays Lake, 2100 Fleur Drive in Des Moines. Outdoor viewing and replica nest
Saturday, Feb. 14: Des Moines Parks and Rec Outdoor viewing with indoor live eagle at Fellowship Baptist Church 1503 SE Sixth Street, in Des Moines. Ty Smedes, Urbandale author and photographer, will give a slide presentation on bald eagles ateducation ambassador bald eagle and another guest education ambassador. SOAR will also be discussing the current hazards that bald eagles face in today’s environment and the steps taken when eagles are brought into wildlife rehabilitation. All ages are welcome, SOAR - Saving Our Avian Resources - will be present at 11:30 a.m. and with a live
- Saturday outdoor eagle viewing, replica nest, live eagle indoors Sixth Avenue Bridge, Fellowship Baptist Church 1503 SE Sixth Street in Des Moines.
- There will be children’s activities and the event is free and open to the public.
- For more information call 515-248 6369.
Saylorville Bald Eagle Watch
Sunday, Feb. 28 A driving tour of Saylorville Lake with eagles at every stop. Special live eagle program at Jester Park Lodge.
- Outdoor viewing at selected sites around reservoir, start at Visitor’s Center – 4 p.m.
- For more information call 515-276-4656
Effigy Mounds Bald Eagle Watch
Friday and - 27 Hoffman Hall exhibit area is extensive, packed with great exhibitors and exceptional live bird presentations.
- Friday - free birding programs at Country Inn & Suites and the AmericInn, in Prairie Du Chien, Wis.
- Outdoor viewing at Prairie Du Chien Visitor’s Center on the river
· Indoor Program at Hoffman Hall, 1600 S Wacouta Avenue, in Prairie Du Chien, Wis.
O’Brien County Bald Eagle Watch
Prairie Heritage Center with elevated viewing deck. Experienced birders on hand provide educational opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages.
- Prairie Heritage Center, 4931 Yellow Avenue, in Peterson
· At , Christina Roelofs from SOAR (Saving Our Avian Resources) will have a live bald eagle. She will talk about the bird’s special adaptations and give other information about their current population status. Bring your camera and take advantage of this amazing opportunity to see a majestic bald eagle from an arm’s length!
- For more information call Charlene Elyea at 712-295-7200.
American Legion Building, 200 Main Street, Sioux Rapids. The event includes live eagles with interesting environmental presentations. It is hosted by Marian McNabb.
· Registration from , Lunch served at 12: 15, free will offering
· Speakers from . Presentations include live birds
- Outdoor viewing at selected sites. For more information call 712-296-4920 or 712-295-7200